Learning Bagpipes Drums FAQ Kings Pipe Band Frequently asked Bagpiper Questions Kings The Piper
Frequently Asked Questions If you want to learn how to play Bagpipe Band
- Where can I find a bagpipe teacher elsewhere?
- Check out The Bagpipe Teachers List.
- Do I really need a teacher?
- Yes, you really do. The technique you learn at the beginning is critical to how well you will be able to play later on. Only a teacher can make sure you are learning correctly.
- Where can I get a practice chanter and other piping supplies?
- Check out the links off of our main page
- How long will I be on the practice chanter before I am ready for the pipes?
- Usually about 6-12 months.
- Should I go ahead and buy a set of pipes when I buy my practice chanter?
- No. Working with the pipes at this stage will only reinforce bad habits. You should also work with your teacher to find a good instrument. Your teacher will be able to help you make an informed purchase.
- How long does it take to learn the pipes?
- A year or two to get to Grade IV, from there on it varies.
- What factors determine how quickly I will learn the pipes?
- The following factors affect the rate at which a pupil will learn:
Determination and attitude.